Monday, November 3, 2008

Life-Changing Experiences...

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." --Winston Churchill





I was up for a while last night thinking about the experiences that have shaped me into the cat that I am today, and a few came to mind.
1. I was born to a one-eyed feral cat named Cyclops. I had to learn very early to fend for myself. Fortunately for me, Evan and Rachel came along when I was about five weeks old and swooped me up. They took me to their house where it was nice and cozy. I quickly learned to love them and their home and I became a grateful cat for all that they did for me.



2. A few months after they brought me home, we had to leave for higher, safer ground because Hurricane Rita was lurking in the Gulf of Mexico. We went to a family member's lake-house and I had to very quickly learn how to adjust to being in such a different place, especially since I wasn't even allowed inside! This taught me that I can be very adaptable.


3. Our home was demolished by that Hurricane, so Rachel, Evan and me had to move in with some friends. At their house they had five dogs (but only 2 inside the house, thank goodness) and a sweet cat named Capo. We got along just smashingly. He became my bestest friend and I even got along with the dogs, too! This taught me that I can be not only friendly, but patient, too!


4. After sharing their home for a few months, me and Evan and Rachel found a new home to call our own. It is big and has fun hardwood floors for slipping and sliding. Shortly after moving in here, I was declawed so as not to ruin all the new stuff, which is totally fine with me 'cause now I can tickle Rachel with my toes instead of tearing her skin with my claws! It's nice to have the run of the place around here, too! And I still get the occasional cat-visitor. There was a silly girl named Copperpot who used to sit at my front door and have conversations with me late into the night. Living in this home has taught me that I can be....spoiled!

6 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Kiddo...you have been through a lot...makes for a stronger kitty, we'd say...

Samantha and Mr. Tigger said...

Hey that's great Kiddo that you learned all those neat attributes in your life! It makes you a well rounded Cat! We are pleased to meet you!
Your FL furiends,

DEBRA said...

*wavin paws*
Hi Kiddo what a lovely tuxie you are...it is furry nice to meetcha and wow what an amazing twist and turn your life has taken in what a few short period of time. We are glad you are all OK and that nasty hurricane did not hurt you or youro family (we know it must've been tough to lose your home, but now you have a new one)...drop in and I'll introduce you to my sisfurs and brofurs...

purrs,Abby the Manx

Cory said...

Kiddo, you have been such a good kitty, adjusting to whatever life tosses at you! Headbutts and purrs to you!

Lucy Belle said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. What doesn't break you only makes you stronger!

Meows,
Lucy Belle

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Hi Kiddo! We'z all formerly feral too. Living inside is better dat's fur sure.

ICHCB

Visitor Map